Posted by Olsen Potter in

What is the Truth?

Your think I'm just a liar,
not lying to hurt but rather to heal,
Lies that make you feel better inside
But still, keeping from you the truth.

Only that I'm not lying
to you I only speak the truth
time and space are against us,
things happen to distort my loving words.

I don't know how much more I can take
I have a tear in my heart from your harsh words
I'm fraying into a lonely life
each time I hear you ask if it's true.

It's my fault I know, one lie and trust is broken
yet I promise I know that I can not
make up for that which lies in the past
how I wish I could change that.

I love you with all my heart
and in your heart I know you know.
Hope and Love are the builders of trust
if only blind pride didn't get in the way...

-Olsen W. Potter-

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 at 11:38 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment