Life as an artist  

Posted by Olsen Potter in

I live painting a picture
in my mind of you.
You wear a pink blouse
and tan jeans.

Your hair is jet black
down around your ears it hangs.
It's so real that I almost want to reach out
but its a painting, nothing more.

Your lips are red
like the brightest crayon in the box.
Tempting, begging, puckering
for one simple kiss.

Your body, a painting of perfection
that Leonardo can not out do.
The way your body flows
even standing still.

Your smile holds me spellbound
my paintbrush still in hand,
how could I even try
to paint it like it is?

Whenever I am lonely
your eyes draw my attention;
brown holes of eternity,
swirling love and lust together.

I live painting
a portrait of you
and hope that before I die,
I can show it to you...

Olsen W. Potter

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 at 7:07 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I love this poem. Out of all of the poems that I have written this is one of the top ten. While the poem is talking about an artist and his love, I think that it applies to almost every ascept of our lives. I know that I want to do my best at everything, but it never comes out just the way I want it. We see things in out heads one way, but they come out another on paper, or in our work.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

3/07/2006 7:24 AM

Post a Comment