Posted by Olsen Potter in

Wonders of a loving heart

Sometimes when the dark envades
when all is lost and cold
the simple thought of your embrace
brings the light back home.

When I am stressed and missing you
I close my eyes, and like the fire's flames
I see our first kiss and first longing look
and my heart seems to skip a beat.

Then when in silent slumber I rest
my mind portraits soft images of you.
Me, washing dishes; you, hugging from behind
so simple, yet so full of love.

Sweet songs sing in my heart to you
songs my voice can not express
I long to find the words to say
exactly how I feel.

My body keeps asking for you
it can't understand why we're not together
my mind wonders why sometimes as well
I think, eventually, I'll just have to give in.

My poems, my words, my thoughts
all center around your pure love
and I... I wonder why
of all those you could have
you chose me.

-Olsen W. Potter-

This entry was posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 at 10:45 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment