Posted by Olsen Potter in

Ok, so I realize that not many people read my blog, that could be partly my fault, but I wish to explain to those who do read it why I wrote this poem. I am taking an understanding poetry class in college. I love to write poetry, but I never knew that understanding it could just as much fun. I mean, I fuss up to the fact that I have never read a complete book of poems, well except for Camoes "Os Luisadas" but that is in a forgein tongue and many people do not know him. Today we learned about Ezra Pound. He was an image guy. He said that the image should convey the emotion, not the extra junk of adjectives surronding it. So I thought to myself; I wonder if I could do that. Here is my try.

Self-Hate

A black eye
no outreached hand
a broke mirror and
a fired gun.

Olsen W. Potter

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 at 11:23 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Anonymous  

Very compact use of words.

1/19/2006 12:00 PM

short. simple. and yet it tells of everythign that needs to be told.

bravo!

And what do u mean by "no one reads your blog"...?huh? huh?

:)

God blesS!

1/20/2006 6:53 AM

Post a Comment