Posted by Olsen Potter in

Do I Dare to Dream?

Why should I dream of love so strong?
What makes me sing a heartfelt song?
Why would one such as myself,
Ever find what lacks for everyone else?

Dare to dream, what is that?
To dream of hope and faith and joy
To dream a dream that never ends
and wake up to find I'm broken again?

Take that chance, that so called leap
Into what is the unknown Keep
Of anothers warmth and anothers peace
Why not just keep it all for me?

To dream is to wound your heart
with scars that never heal
Dreaming steals from us our own self's part
and robs us of our youthful zeal.

So do I dare to dream this night
of love that never ends?
Why, yes my friends, I dare I do,
for at least in my dreams
I find my own Happiness.

-Olsen W. Potter-

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 at 2:27 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment