Aging Heart  

Posted by Olsen Potter in

"You always look so proper,"
but I'm only twenty-one.
"You always know the anwser,"
But I'm younger then you all.

"You're so kind and gentle,"
"You're so warm to touch,"
"You're voice is so soft and tender,"
yet I still sleep with just my books.

"You're such a good guy,
to help that grandma with her bags,
to help that kid learn to read,
to do everything you're asked,"
still I sit alone...

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 9:25 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Perception: It either draws people to you or pushes them farther away. Something we, irritating as it may be, have no control over. Luckily, wisdom prevails in some and the "number" simply disappears.

6/25/2006 4:45 PM

Post a Comment