Posted by Olsen Potter in

Tis better to have loved

I lost the love of my life tonight,
what hollow darkness I am in.
yet come to mind, like doubt covered arrow,
is the phrase we all know within.

Tis better, I hear them start to say
I already shut my ears
It's like no one knows any other words
or else they're just blooming idiots.

I'm not trying to be mean
thats not my point
but dont you think that after 100 years
the same old phrase would go "Ka-put"?

Maybe I'm just depressed
singing some solitary sad song
tapping a tune to the absence of the moon
screaming out loud at the sun.

It does no good to pout
no good to sit and wallow
still, I dont feel a like walk in a golden meadow,
a red rampage of carnage is more desiring.

So when you hear some one say
I lost my love today,
say something useful, hopeful, and smart
something, anything, other then this
"Tis better to have loved and lost"!

-Olsen W. Potter-

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 at 7:02 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Well I'm not sure either what I was going for in this poem. I just kind of wrote it down.
I told a friend of mine that I had lost my fiance, and he replied with that over used line about better then to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all.
I guess I was just venting my fellings about how everyone says that, its like they dont know what else to say.
I would suggest a couple of replacement phrases like "I'm sorry to hear that," or "You know my dog died once a while ago," or my personal favorite "There are other aquatic life-forms in the soduim contamated H20."
I guess what I'm saying is that I realy dont like that phrase.

11/03/2005 8:44 AM

Post a Comment