Ode to Rio  

Posted by Olsen Potter in

When the Portuguese found you,
A river in January,
The Samba, the Christ, Carnival
weren’t what they sought;
The wanted the gold of the land,
The slaves hidden within the natives,
The wood that has more life,
Nothing but gain.

When I found you,
A lake of passion,
The language, the food, Cariocas
Captured my soul.

I want to speak the golden language
Of the tongue,
Experience the samba of food on my tastebuds,
And let the carioca’s carnival
Releash the native in me.
I want nothing, but your passion.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 8:44 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Like I've always said, "You're amazing!"

10/19/2006 7:16 PM
Anonymous  

Ah, por que vc não me mandou esse poema? Eu adorei!!!!!! Seus poemas estão ficando muito muito bons. Claro que o tema, dessa vez, ajudou, hehehe. Mas está muito bom mesmo.
Um grande beijo.

10/30/2006 7:09 AM

Post a Comment